This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Posted in Mi Vida on June 10, 2011
I have decided to take blogging a bit more serious and I have moved to Out of Ash’s
I am still WordPress hosted (why not) so expect the blog to feel the same with a different look! Hope to see you there!
Posted in Mi Vida on May 12, 2011
It’s your road and your alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
Today I made one of the toughest decisions I have had to face until now. . .and I made it alone. Of course I confided in one of my dearest friends about it all (Oh, Steph, how indebted I am to you) and yes, my family gave me their strong opinions, but no one decided for me. Oh, and my best friend, Soldier, has been in the field all week so I only had a chance to send him a few brief texts that ultimately amounted to “Whatever you decide just make sure it’s what you want to do.”
I decided to put off graduate school (have yet to inform USF of this 30-minute old decision) for a position within a company that will one day lead to heading up the entire Hispanic marketing campaign for this company. Why did I choose it? For a few reasons:
1) I can live at home with my parents (we are making some new living arrangements within the next few weeks).
2) I can save money while living with my parents.
3) I can pay off debt from Florida Southern much sooner than I anticipated.
4) It’s a great straight out of school position that I can stay at for a few years (Soldier being Georgia helped me with this, too, but NO I am not the kind of girl to follow the prince charming around regardless of my dreams).
5) I can attend UCF part-time as soon as I have my feet grounded at the company.
6) It feels. . .right. . .for now at least.
7) I can work on my writing without the pressure of my studies (Ain’t it funny how I can focus on writing while dealing with the workplace, but not school?)
Making this decision made me realize that I am now an adult. I now control my own decisions. I now control my own finances (with a mom and dad that can bail me out ONLY if ABSOLUTELY needed). I am terrified of what the next few months hold. . .waking up early. . .business casual every day (I absolutely abhor having to be business casual every day). . .no window views. . .straight up REAL WORLD WORK.
But, I will keep wandering along my very own road until I come to another crossroads. . .